Friday, June 19, 2009

Wall O' Post-Its

This is my computer corner. As you can see, it is quite liberally decorated with photos, Post-Its and random paraphernalia. I love Post-It's. I'm not quite sure what it is about them that makes my heart swell with excitement. Perhaps it's the various shapes, sizes and colors they come in. Perhaps it's that fantastic sticky strip on the back! Who knows but I thought it would be fun to share with you some of my Post-Its. Here's a small sample:



I don't watch '30 Rock' regularly. However, these are two quotes from one of the few episodes I have seen. Tracy Morgan's character, Tracy Jordan, says these two things to Kenneth the Page. I think it's the word manatee that makes it so funny to me.

This was the title of an article I read a couple years back. In some situations, I have the tendency to keep my opinions to myself out of fear, lack of confidence, etc. I almost always regret it later.

I know, I know, this isn't technically a Post-It. Still, it's on my Wall O' Post-Its, so I'm including it. Now, Lucy has never been my favorite Peanuts character, but I really like this quotation.

This is something one of the teens from my church said near the end of a Facebook chat session. It was so upbeat and cheery that I had to add it to my wall.

Hahaha-this was from a commercial for a video game. It showed to guys playing the game and this is what one of the guys said to his buddy. It struck me funny. So severe, so competitive, so funny.

This comes from my subbing experience. I was working with a Grade 5/6 class writing poetry. A student called me over and said "Miss Tattrie, what rhymes with pancakes?" She thought of a word and tried it out in her poem to see if it would work-"Every day she wanted mancakes!" I suppressed a laugh and suggested she use another word.


I had to include this Post-It. The Office is one of my all time favorite shows. Their weekly antics always leave me laughing.

2 comments:

  1. Enjoyed this as usual. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this too. Mostly because I wish I had a computer corner.

    ReplyDelete