Friday, August 13, 2010

Next On The List: Covers and Titles Edition

Some books catch my eye based on their cover or title alone. I will say, based on this list, and knowing that it definitely influenced my other lists, not judging books by their covers is a near impossible task for me.


The Girl Who Could Fly - Victoria Forester
This is the first of many books whose new cover greatly outshines its original. The vivid new cover on the left makes me want to pick up the book and start reading. The older cover on the right just makes me wonder what year it was printed in.






Heroes of the Valley - Jonathan Stroud
When this book(on the left) came into the store, a co-worker and I assumed it was a new book and thought it looked like it would be good. Then our manager told us that it was a reprint of an older book(the one on the right). Both my friend and I had seen the older version and had never given it a second thought. Seriously, if I ever write a book, I'm definitely getting a great cover. It makes all the difference in the world.



The Higher Power of Lucky & Lucky Breaks - Susan Patron
These two books by Susan Patron caught my eye with their simple covers and matte finish. The first one, The Higher Power of Lucky won a Newbery Medal. They look charming to me.






An Abundance of Katherines - John Green
This book made my 'Teen Edition' list because I think it would be a great book but I wanted to include it on this list as well, to show the two different covers. Surprisingly, I like the original cover(on the left) better than the newer version(on the right). I think it sets the book apart from the masses of teen books with girls faces on the front. It also gives you clues(the equation artwork) as to the content of the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment