Thursday, April 1, 2010

How Deep The Father's Love

I've been thinking alot about purpose and vision lately. A few days ago, I was sitting with a group of friends and someone asked(without knowing this had been on my mind) what our personal purpose and vision were. We discussed the difference between purpose and vision. Purpose is why we're here. Vision is looking towards the future and imagining what would happen if we fulfilled our purpose. What would that look like? He asked the group to write down what those two things were in our lives and I struggled. Not because I feel I'm wandering or because I don't believe that I do in fact have a purpose but because I am sometimes overwhelmed by it. And because of that I have a hard time having a vision for the future. Here's what I wrote down.

My purpose-
To love and follow God with all my heart
To show God's love to others any way I can

My vision-


I couldn't write anything down under vision. I have a hard time imagining where God could take me if I fully and truly loved and follow Him with all my heart. Right now I feel like I am fulfilling part of my purpose with the role of Youth Leader that I've taken on in my church. I believe with all my heart that God has led me to this place and this ministry for this time. I am beyond excited to see what God is doing in and through me during this time. He has, and will continue, to stretch and grow me through this experience.

At the same time, I know that there are parts of my life I have not completely surrendered to God. It is a daily struggle to love and follow Him with all my heart in all areas. But here's the crazy part-

Even though, sometimes I can't articulate it and I don't know where He's leading me; even though I don't see the big picture-He does. His love for me is so deep, so vast that He has a plan for me. For me! I believe that with God's help I can surrender all the different, difficult, hidden places of my heart that I know He sees. I believe He can give me a vision for what my life could be with Him guiding all decisions, actions and motives. And I believe that He doesn't just want to proclaim His plan for me and go on His way. He desires to walk along side me on my journey. In fact, He promises it.

1 comment:

  1. Similar things have been on my mind and I like the way you break it down here. Beautiful. Amen.

    ReplyDelete